we just uploaded the second release candidate of Artisan v0.6 to the Google Code
For this release especially the Windows and Linux builds received some extra love.
However, the biggest news is the extended localizations. Now you can use Artisan with an
Arabic, Dutch, Japanese, Norsk and Greek UI. The support of some more languages is already
underway. We like to thank Wa'il, Frans, Minoru, Runar and Savvas for this incredible
work, translating the more than 1200 phrases, and the nice communications we had.
The list of changes w.r.t. RC1.
- adds translations for Arabic, Dutch, Japanese, Norsk and Greek
- adds full screen mode (via key f)
- fixes icons on Windows build
- fixes rendering of the event annotations (broken by RC1)
- improved Windows installer that includes the Microsoft Redistributable Package
- adds tiff, jpeg, and emf Windows image formats
- adds ET <-> BT swap configuration
- improves GTK support on Linux
- Modbus now respects timeout and slave id settings
I added two posts to the Artisan blog at <http://artisan-roasterscope.blogspot.de>
entitled "More Modbus" and "Fighting Spikes". The first post explains
the extended Modbus support, while the second one introduces the new spike filters that
We expect this RC2 to be close to the final v0.6 to be released later this month. As
always, please report the issues you find and suggestions you have via this mailing list.
The Artisan team