The version 0.6 of Artisan is now available for Windows, OS X and Linux.
The most important changes and additions w.r.t. v0.5.x are as follows.
- Monitoring-only mode reporting readings on LCDs without recording
- Event sliders e.g. to control the Hottop heater and fan via the HT Roaster Interface
- Extended alarms triggered by time and temperature on any curve
- Flexible Modbus RTU support allowing temperature reading and device control
- Curve smoothing and spike filtering
- New localizations: Arabic, German, Greek, Spanish, French, Japanese, Norwegian,
Portuguese, Turkish, Dutch, Chinese and Hungarian
- Windows installer, and icons on Windows and Linux
See <https://code.google.com/p/artisan/wiki/ReleaseHistory> for a detailed list of
changes and the Artisan blog <http://artisan-roasterscope.blogspot.de> for details
on some of the new features.
We are deeply grateful for the extensive support we received from many of you, especially
in translating Artisan's more than 1200 phrases into several languages (more under
preparation). We want to thank Frans Goddijn, Brad Collins, Claudia Raddatz, Marcio
Carneiro, Ostnes Runar, Yoshida Minoru, David Lahoz, Savvas Kiretsis, Wa'il, Lukas
Kolbe, Oliver Schirmer, Kristoffer Johansson, Çetin Barut, Rubens Gardelli, Kyle
Iseminger, Kalle Deligeorgakis, Matthew Sewell, Carlito Smith, Rich Helms, Carlos Pascual,
Ingo, David Trebilcock, Matt Fischler, Jim Gallt, Gunnar Troll, Alex Fan, Piet Dijk,
Bertrand Souville, Zoltán Kis and many others.
We do not take donations. But if you are using Artisan in a commercial setting, it would
make us (and some others) happy if you would donate to Coffee Kids
<http://www.coffeekids.org/>, a non-profit organization devoted to improving the
quality of life for children and families in coffee growing regions around the world.
The Artisan team